Fri07Sep2018Sun09Sep2018South Bend, Indiana & Chicago, Illinois
A Weekend of Harmony for Music Education
A Weekend of Harmony for Music Education
September 7-9, 2018
Click HERE for more information
The purposes of the weekend are to enjoy great music and fellowship, to increase awareness about music education advocacy, to raise funds for the Spirit of Harmony Foundation at our House of Blues Benefit Concert, and to collect new and used musical instruments for distribution to children in need.
Todd Rundgren’s Play Like A Champion Concert: Students Play the ’80s
University of Notre Dame, South Bend, Indiana, September 7, 8-10 p.m.
- DeBartolo Performing Arts Center concert by Todd Rundgren, backed by his full band and with appearances by Notre Dame student musicians.
- Optional roundtrip transportation from Chicago via chartered bus.
Reserved Seating: $50 per person
To purchase tickets: Notre Dame Concert ticket sales go live at 12 noon Eastern Time on August 6, 2018.
Event Link: https://dpactickets.nd.edu/single/PSDetail.aspx?psn=10949
When ticket sales go live, please use Promo Code: HARMONY
This promo code gives Spirit of Harmony supporters a two-week headstart to purchase their tickets in the first four rows of the DeBartolo Performing Arts Center.
Click HERE for Chartered Bus information
93XRT Presents Todd Rundgren and the Chicago Sinfonietta – A Night of Harmony II
Spirit of Harmony Benefit Concert
Chicago House of Blues, September 8, 8-10 p.m.
- Todd Rundgren and the Chicago Sinfonietta will perform a benefit concert for Todd’s Spirit of Harmony Foundation at the Chicago House of Blues.
- Orchestral arrangements of music spanning Todd’s 50-year career will include hits, rarities, fan favorites, and some surprises. Rich Daniels of City Lights Orchestrawill be Conducting.
- In addition to the Sinfonietta, Todd will be performing with his touring band, featuring Jesse Gress (Tony Levin Band, Mahavishnu Project), Kasim Sulton (Utopia, Meatloaf, Joan Jett, Blue Oyster Cult), Prairie Prince (The Tubes, Jefferson Starship), and Greg Hawkes (The Cars).
- Visit resource tables for local youth music programs (in the HOB lobby).
- This concert is made possible through the generous support of Live Nation, Alchemedia Productions, Rich Daniels, and the Chicago Federation of Musicians.
General Admission: $85 per person
Tickets go on sale at 10 a.m. (Chicago time) on Monday, July 23. No pre-sale. No pre-sale codes.
To purchase tickets
Performance of the INTOXICATS, Tiki/Rock Dance Party and Instrument Drive
Martyr’s, 3855 N. Lincoln Avenue, Chicago, September 9, 5-8 p.m. (Intoxicats onstage 6-8 p.m.)
- First-ever public performance of the INTOXICATS.: Originating from Kauai, Hawaii, Intoxicats were born of a rum haze one steamy summer night at Tiki Iniki. Picture Gilligan’s Island with access to MTV, Get Smart, Hawaii 5-0 and I Dream Of Jeannie re-runs, coupled with an unlimited bar tab… You get the picture.
- Wild Hawaiian, Vacation, or Vintage wear encouraged!
- Opening act: Young musicians (beginning at approximately 5 p.m.).
- Martyr’s is a legendary venue for up-and-coming, cutting edge talent, on the north side of Chicago.
- Cash bar and pub-style menu.
General Admission: $20 per person
To purchase tickets: MARTYR’s
Chicagoland Instrument Drive with Hungry For Music and D’Addario Foundation
Outside Martyr’s, 3-6 p.m.
Bring your instrument donations to the Hungry For Music RV, “Big Bertha” parked directly in front of Martyr’s at 3855 N. Lincoln Avenue, Chicago from 3-6 p.m.
Hungry For Music collects, refurbishes, and redistributes musical instruments to children in need. Help put a musical instrument into a child’s hands. As Todd Rundgren says, “….make sure new hands are learning to play music, new ears are learning to appreciate it, and new hearts are learning to love it.”
We will accept musical instrument donations in any condition, but we DO NOT accept upright pianos or organs. We prefer instruments in playable condition but all donated instruments are welcome. In order to get an official tax deduction, donors MUST affix their name and contact information to the instrument. If you have instruments to donate at this Chicago Instrument Drive, but cannot deliver the instruments to Big Bertha on September 9, please contact us to work out alternative arrangements.