Donating an instrument is easy! Fill out a short form to start the process.
- We accept instrument donations in any condition.
- While we prefer instruments in playable condition, we can repair and/or refurbish most instruments to give them new life.
- We DO NOT accept upright pianos or organs.
- Depending on your location, we can usually have a volunteer pick-up your instrument.
- If we don't have a volunteer or drop-off location in your city, we will ask you to send the instrument to us.
- Your donation is tax-deductible and we will provide a receipt.
- If you would like to make a large donation of multiple instruments, please call us at 202-674-3000 or send us an email.
Instrument donations are the fuel that enables us to transform lives.
Instrument Drop-Off Locations
We currently have three drop-off locations. They are independent businesses that accept donations for us. Please call first!
Takoma Park, Maryland
House of Musical Traditions
7010 Westmoreland Avenue
Takoma Park, MD 20912
Phone: (301) 270-9090
Commonwealth Roofing & Siding
14004 Willard Rd, Suite K
Chantilly, VA 20151
Phone: (703) 261-6656
Rock to the Future
2139 E Cumberland Street, 2nd Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19125
Phone: (215) 302-9633
Please submit the Instrument Donation Form below and we'll call you within five days. Thank you!
Instrument Donation Form
Instruments that have seen their last days are sent to Landfill Harmonic for parts/overhaul or given to artists to create musical instrument art. These are auctioned at an event called Musical Visions: Live Music & Art Auction. So far, we have held two of these events at the Gibson Guitar VIP Showroom in Washington, DC and OPUS 40 in Saugerties, NY.