Request an Instrument

Who Hungry for Music Helps:

1) Music teachers at Title One schools who identify children who cannot participate because of lack of funding.

2) Music directors at innovative after-school music programs.

3) Social workers who have young clients who would benefit from music therapy.

4)  International music programs, through the sponsorship of United States partners—such as churches, businesses, and schools—who take care of transporting the instruments via container, shipping, or airline.

PLEASE NOTE:  If you are in another country, please find an international school, church, or other organization that would be willing to partner with us before you begin the application process.

donated instruments - rhode island fiddle project

“Music is an outburst of the soul.”
Frederick Delius

We welcome your request! If you are a Title One school teacher, music program director, or social worker and would like to request an instrument for a student, please submit the application form below.

If you are a parent, please have your child's teacher or band director make the request.

Application Period for Title One Teacher Requests - July 29, 2019 – October 1, 2019
Please only submit the application if you are a Title One music teacher or administrator.

Application Period for After-School Music Programs - Open Year-Round
Supporting existing programs with specific needs.  New programs require a site visit.

Application Period for International Donations - Open Year-Round
Please only submit application if you are a United States sponsor of an international music program.

Application Period for Social Workers - Open Year-Round
For social workers who have a client who can benefit from music therapy.


Please allow 48 hours for response.  Maybe longer during Title One application period.

Instrument Request Form

Instrument Request