We are in the process of implementing a new instrument inventory management system and will not be accepting any instrument requests until March 2023. Thank you for your patience.
Who Hungry for Music Helps:
- Music teachers at Title One schools who identify children who cannot participate because of lack of funding.
- Music directors at innovative after-school music programs.
- Social workers who have young clients who would benefit from music therapy.
NOTE: If you are an international organization seeking instruments, please have your stateside sponsor reach out to us. We will not respond to any international inquiries without stateside sponsors. Thank you for understanding.
“Music is an outburst of the soul.” Frederick Delius
Please Read Before Submitting a Request:
Because of the overwhelming need for our services, it is necessary for us to set parameters for submitting an instrument request.
- HFM only accepts requests from school music teachers (Title One are given priority), after-school music program directors, and social workers. If you are a parent or guardian you must have child’s music teacher make the request.
- HFM does NOT accept instrument requests from international programs. We have been able to support music programs in over 30 countries in our history because of United States sponsors who take care of receiving and shipping. International requests MUST come from a U.S. sponsor.
- HFM only accepts instrument requests during scheduled request periods. The 2022 schedule is:
Elementary, Middle, & High School (Title One priority)
July 15 - October 15
May 15 - July 1
For social workers who have a client who can benefit from music therapy.